Orthopedics Community
meniscus/lcl
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

meniscus/lcl

Backstory: 2012, I tore my lateral meniscus and my LCL (grade 2) in Thailand.  I had a Thai surgeon at a public hospital. I was really pigheaded about my recover and jumped right back into kickboxing immediately as I felt no pain. Finally about 2.5 months later I took a hard kick, dropped and was limping for a day or two. I stopped training and doing anything for about 8 months.

Now it's been about a year since I had surgery. I started to take things more seriously. Right now I am able to exercise, although not to the extremes that a professional athlete would want (Which is my ultimate desire). The pain is pretty mild, but there still isn't 100% flexibility (almost). When I do squats I get a good amount of clicking and sometimes the wrong shoes can cause a mild numb pain in my knee.

Do you reckon that if I just keep rehabing my knee will get stronger and better, or should I follow up with a doctor? Has an anyone here had such a good recovery on these injuries that they got back to 100%? Should I perhaps schedule another MRI? I really want to get back to fighting and compete on an international level.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The management plan at this time may vary with a few factors such as the type of initial injury, the amount of healing that has taken place, further degeneration if any etc. While physiotherapy and training may be helpful in most cases, it might be a good idea to consider an evaluation by an orthopedician for suggestion of an appropriate management plan. Getting an MRI done may also help know the current status and may be useful in grafting the management plan.
ope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949