meniscus tear and back pain
Hi:
I've had moderate to severe back pain for many years. MRIs, etc. showed nothing abnormal but the pain was all but constant. Recently, I had surgery for a lateral meniscus tear and IMMEDIATELY my back pain was gone. My doctor said he felt it was because I was "compensating" all the time that my knee was off kilter but the disappearance of the pain was such that it seemed to me that there may have been some nerve compression or something else going on in there.
Do you have any idea what may have transpired within?
Thanks for any information.
Hello Dear,
Its good that your back pain has subsided.The possible mechanism for this could be release of  compression over the nerves causing the pain.If the compression gets released the pain automatically subsides.You should still avoid bending,lifting heavy weights and exerting yourself as recurrence may take place if precautions are not taken.
Best