Recently I have done mri the report reads as follows :
1) Posterior bulge causing thecal sac indetation at L3-4 disc
2) Annaular tear with posterior protrusion causing thecal sac indetation , bilateral nerve root with indetation bilateral neural foraminal fat effacement at L4-5 disc.
3) Peripheral & radial annular tear with central protrusion causing thecal sac indentation at L5 S1 disc.
4) Focal hemangioma in the inferior right iliac wing.
5) Bilateral hypertrophied & L4-5 & L5-S1 ligamenta flava
In such a case do i need to go surgery ?
Presently i have pain on my calf & pelvic which is persisting & i'm unable to walk properly , Please advive ?
A surgery might be considered in your case since there is indentation of the intervertebral discs on the neighboring structures at multiple levels, though initial physiotherapy may be tried. It is best advised to consult an orthopedician regarding the matter.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.