mri question- hip replacements
there are innumerable intermesiate T1 weighted, hypointense T2, and hyperintense inversion recovery
Hi there!

I would assume the description of the lesions to be hypointense on T2 and hyperintense on T1 weighted inversion recovery images. Well it is difficult to comment on the report just based on the line without knowing the location of the lesion and other relevant clinical details. I would request you to post a detailed report for a review or discuss this with the consulting radiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have had a bilateral hip replacement, and I went to two MRI's for both hips, and it said to be normal. However, my X-Ray shows partical disease and loosening. I have spoken to a radioligist, and he said it would show up normal on a MRI or Cat Scan b/c there will be black showing up and it will not be detected on those images. He advised that only an Xray would show the true definition of my pain and problems. Is this correct?
I have had a bilateral hip replacement, and they are made from Depuy. For some reason, it has been 1 year post-op, and when I wake up my knees feel like I have been shot! The question that I was referring to was my MRI report of my hips. I also have a cd of my X-ray as well.
My left hip feels like a pencil being punctured every time I wal, and my hips ankles hurt so bad I'm on a walker (AGAIN!) BTW I am 33 yrs old