muscle stretch
I have a pain on the right side below the last rib.(floating)  Xrays, etc. found nothing.  Since it occurred at the onset of golf season, I am suspecting a muscle attached to the rib.  Rested for different periods of time, latest 2 months.  Pain comes back.  Had a cortisone shot in August that eased the discomfort, but would like to get rid of the problem.  

Any stretches that could help?
    Thanks for writing in. Pain under the rib could be due to fracture rib, muscle sprain, mild pleural effusion or pleuritis, or it could be tenderness from the liver.
In x-rays sometimes hairline fractures could be missed.So I would advise to get a repeat X-ray done. For muscle sprains rest and anti inflammatory drugs would have been used as treatment,but these measures did not help in your case, so it could n't be sprain. In the X-rays, look for any pleural effusion and get a physical examination done by your physician to rule out abnormalities in the liver.
Certain infections can cause tenderness in the liver, which could be manifested as pain under the rib. I, would suggest to visit your physician for confirmation of the cause and treatment accordingly.
All the best.