Orthopedics Community
neck pain and headache
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

neck pain and headache

for two weeks now i have had burning sensation in my head , headache, neck pain and fuzzy headed. have been to er they state i need mri of my neck done but insurance will not authorize it. this is really driving me crazy with worry and very irritating feeling. not sure what to do or what kind of doctor to see.
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, headache can have various causes like primary headaches (tension headaches, migraines, cluster headaches etc.), secondary headaches (meningitis, sinusitis, increased intracranial tension etc.) and cranial neuralgias. If there is associated neck stiffness (with or without fever) the first thing that would need to be ruled out would be meningitis. If it is just neck pain it may be due to inflammations (spondylitis) (assuming there was no injury involved). Depending on the cause an MRI may be necessary. You may like to get yourself evaluated by a neurologist/ orthopedician for the same. Meanwhile you may try taking some tylenol/ NSAIDS for relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949