need advise
I had my 2nd Left Hip Labral repair done October 30,2012 and prior to that December of 2011.  I am 9-10 weeks out and my hip pain is so severe, after sitting even couple of hours, that it causes me to limp.  I am up all night with pain.  I consulted the Surgeon and he stated he felt confident in repair, and to increase my PT, but it hurts to bad to do PT, so doing very minimal.  I just had a steroid injection under flouroscopy and seems even worse after 1 week.  I am expected to go back to work within 3 weeks and don't know how im gonna do it, please help
Hi!
I am sorry that you are in so much pain. This pain can be due to loose bone and cartilage pieces in the joint. Often trimming or stitching back the labral tear is not enough, and these fragments too need to be completely cleared. So,a MRI of the hip joint should be done to assess the current status. You could ask for a prescription of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug as this can reduce both pain and inflammation. You could do PT under a trained specialist to help minimize the pain. Sometimes a wrong PT technique can also cause persisting pain. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.