nighttime leg pain
I have leg pain only when in bed at night and usually just in my right leg. Sometimes have low back pain also with this.
I am wondering if you ever found any answers?  I am having the same symptoms.  It wakes me about 4:00 am every morning and the only relief is to get out of bed.  I do have arthritis in my right knee, but that does not bother my sleep.  The leg pain, from my right knee all the way down my calf.  It feels like burning or scraping.
How are you feeling?
Leg pain only at the night time suggests that it might be due to some nerve compression at the lower back level.
You also have mentioned about lower back pain which is correlates with your present symptoms. When I say it correlates means that pain could be radiating pain for nerve compression at your lower back.
Alternatively the pain also could be due decreased venous circulation and blood stasis in night which causes accumulation of metabolites and hence pain.
I think you can consult a physician and an orthopaedician for further evaluation.
An imaging of lower back with MRI would help to understand the exact pathology.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
Apart from the above mentioned causes I think you might have neuropathy or Restless leg syndrome.
Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness is usually a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured. The nerve involved appears to be originating from Sciatic nerve.
This neuropathy can be due to Diabetes, Prediabetes, vitamin deficiency, altered blood pressure status, any nutritional deficiency or abnormal endocrine status.
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable urge to move when at rest in an effort to relieve these feelings.
Chronic diseases like kidney disease, diabetes, and peripheral neuropathy are also cause for RLS.
If you are moving about in bed to relieve pain, have creepy and crawly feeling in leg, motor restlessness with increase in symptoms as night progresses, a diagnosis of RLS is certain.
I think you should consult physician and another neurologist to -evaluate your case.
Bye.
I've been having similar issues.  I get a burning pain in the side of my calf.  I get the pain mostly at night and the only fix is to get out of bed and walk it off.  Wearing socks and pajama bottoms seems to lessen the frequency.  The pain sometimes extend to the side of my knee and on rare occasions up to my hip.
I have leg pain, always at night that wakes me up off and on all night. It
sometimes carries over into my waking hours. I have found that if I roll over to my stomach, the pain usually goes away within 10-15 minutes.
Then when I roll back to my side the pain will return. I think this is nerve
related but wanted an opinion from some one else. Wanted to be sure it
is not arterial in some way. Would this be considered neuropathy?
Are there treatments?
I'm having similar symptoms. My pain is always around 3-4 in the morning in both legs and feels almost like a stretching/throbbing shin splint and calf kind of pain. The one thing that really seems to work is icing my legs down and popping some ibuprofen. The pain is usually completely gone by the morning. I'm 25, is this possibly growing pains? I've never had anything that compares to this but growing pains when I was younger and a friend said this might be a possibility. Fact or fiction? Thanks much, JHause
I am 54 years old and have very similar pains, but only in one leg.  Not growing pains for me. :-) I feel that icing my leg and lower back is the only thing that somewhat helps also.  I am going to insist that I be checked for circulation problems and Restless Leg Syndrome. Back MRI was normal for me. Sometimes my pain is relieved just by getting out of bed. I do have severe arthritis in one hip (same side), but two out of 4 orthopedists have said pain below the knee is atypical for arthritis in the hip.  Have you had any input from any doctors?  Anyone out there have any ideas?  HELP!
i have the same pains they are sharp up under my shins sometimes one leg more than the other but usually  both some times just sharp pain almost under the knees and sometimes more toward calf area.  It is waking me up every night by 3 -4 and i can't sleep till the advil kicks and even that does not entirely remove the pain.  lately the ache from it is lasting into morning and my lower legs still feel 'funny' in the area where the pain was.  It is all only happening at night.  i have been under severe stress and just before this had the first months ever off and of of RLS.  What specific nutritional lacks might cause this and i will also go to the doctor,
These symptoms all sound like what I've been suffering for a number of years, just about the same number of years I've been drinking tonic water, with or without alcohol.  Not leg cramps, but just awful pain behind my knees at night, mostly just my right knee.  Lying on my back and bending my knees up helped, but it came back when I fell asleep again and turned on my side.  It always went away when I woke up.

I stopped drinking tonic a week ago and haven't had the pain since, and I'm sleeping sooooo good!
Iam 50 years old and i am having some serious and severe pain in my left foot above the ankle this bothers me at nights nothing much to speak of in the day with the left leg, now for the past few days my right ankle starts to burn me this happens both day and night I am looking for some answers. thanks in advance, God bless you all.
Go for Blood sugar estimation, blood pressure measurement and also haemoglobin estimation.
There might be problems due to these diseases so based on the results of these tests, any good Physician can advice you.
Till then, wear proper footwear, take some vitamin B12, eat healthy and visit a neurologist if it bothers you.
Take care!
I am getting leg pain behind the knee, calf, and thigh. The pain feels deep, and makes sleeping difficult. I also feel that the leg will "give out" when I first stand on it, as if it will disconnect at the knee. It has no strength. It is painful when trying to lift it while standing or lying in bed.  Again, the pain feels central and runs from thigh to calf. It feels like it could be a ligament or tendon problem, but I'm not sure. Thought it could also be a reaction to medication (specifically Nifedipine ER). I have taken it for years, but recently started a new package, which happen to correlate to when the pain began.
Hello all. Thanks for adding me in this excellent thread. This is a very good conversation going here. Nighttime leg pain is very common disease for all. It is really very painful. I had also a leg cramp problem since last six months. I had tried all the home remedies for my leg cramp. But still I couldn’t relief my pain. But after using Limb Bar I got relaxed. It is not an oil or cream, it’s a specially formulated mineral bar. If you guys are serious leg cramp problem, try it. Hope you will get relaxes after using.