Orthopedics Community
nondisplaced avulsion at base of 5th metararsal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I fell and fractured my right foot 2/12 years ago. I also fell and sprained my angle a month ago, It showed that I have a small non displaced avulsion at the base of the 5th metararsal. When  I fell the first time I went back twice the second time it showed it had started to heal, I did not make my last appointment because of a death in the family and my insurance would not cover out of state. I wore a walking boot for 8 weeks, and my foot felt fine.  Could my current injury be the same fracture after 2 1/2 years?  I am also asking because the secaond fall was happened at work. You know how workman Comp. Never want to take responabilty for the injured. I did sprain my angle pretty bad the second time. Let me know what to except.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
A recent  X ray will reveal your previous healing or any problem from your previous fracture and also the latest problem.
You should visit an orthopaedican and after an X-ray all these things would be clear.
Whenever you have a fracture, healing is very important and if you would have taken care of your primary fracture properly you would have perfect healing, so now i do not think it is safe for you to dilly dally and  you should go for the best treatment. If you are healthy you would always be fine and able to work properly.
Take care!