Orthopedics Community
nonunion fibula

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

nonunion fibula

I had an osteotomy done 2 years ago to both my mid- distal fibula and tibia. Tibia was connected with plate and screws, fibula was left unplated and is considered non union. There is a small displaced placed bone in there still that shows up on the x-rays and I have been having chronic discomfort and pain in the same area. Sometimes the pain ranges from mild to strong deep aching to throbbing. It all depends if it has been exposed to any pressure (laying on my side at night for example) or extended walking, biking etc. I get a clicking, catching sometimes pinching sensation in that area when my foot or toes are flexed. Will this go away? what can I do to get rid of it?