Orthopedics Community
numb thumb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

numb thumb

I had surgery for a trigger thumb and now the inside part of my thumb is numb all the time. I want to know is there anything that can be done about it at all is there a doctor out there that can answer my question or not otherwise why do they call this med help or is it patient to patient help?

This discussion is related to Where is the Doc here???.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include nerve impingement/ damage, neuropathy, infections/ inflammations, vascular causes etc. I would suggest seeking a review with your treating orthopedician for an evaluation of the possible causes and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!