Orthopedics Community
numbness in between first and second toe.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My symptoms are a little different than most. I'm 20 years old and I have the flattest feet I've ever seen a person have. I experience numbness in between my big toe and the one right next to it. It's not a numbness in the actual toe. The numbness reaches to the ball of my foot. I've had this weird sensation my entire life but I've never been able to accurately explain the symptoms to my parents or a doctor. Because of this, I've been treated for atheletes foot and many other frustrating things.

Recently (the last couple of years) I've experienced the same numbness on the outside of where my arch should be. I've been to many doctors and I wear custom made arch supports daily. I still can not make the discomfort go away.

I play soccer and I wear tennis shoes quite often but I experience this discomfort ALL the time- regardless of whether I was wearing flip flops or arch supports.

One more thing: this kind of seems odd but a lot of times I get the urge to press against a certain spot between my first 2 toes. No matter how hard I press, I can't seem to relieve the discomfort I feel. I get cramps in the arches of my feet daily.

SOMEONE HELP!!!