Orthopedics Community
numbness in lower leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

numbness in lower leg

For the last couple of months, I've been experiencing some aching/pain in my left thigh to knee. Finally went to see orthopedic doc. He did X-ray of leg and lower back. Nothing. Ordered an MRI of the lumbar region because he thinks it could be a narrowing of the spinal canal that could be causing it. Or a pinched nerve. So tonight I am working out with my trainer - we worked legs and abs. I get home and my left leg from kneed to foot feels like it would if it was an arm and I had hit my funny bone. It's numb and tingling. I can still push on it and feel that, but it's like it's asleep and trying to wake up but doesn't. Anyone have any insight? It's kind of scared me.  Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
hi buddy,
don't worry. you surely have a prolapsed disk problem. MRI will reveal it. So waitt ill MRI is done. Don't overstress your abbs, legs till that time as it can lead to increased disk problem.

take care and keep us informed.

regards