numbness on the left ring and pinky finger
I am a 29 yo mother with a 3 yo son. I am currently studying nursing. I have had a chronic tingling and numbness on my left ring n pinky finger for almost a year now, and now the numbness has become worsen and i feel my left fingers feels 'funny' as in i cannot tighten my grip as the usual. When the numbness worsen, i can even have pain travelling up to my left shoulder and neck too. I went to see an osteopathy to relieve the numbness in my fingers n arm.. and she said that my upper arm is 'fibrotic' than my right arm.. and she also said that my pain had been so chronic that my upper arm is compensating to the weakness of my lower arm.

For your information I had a history of dislocation of left elbow when i was 7 yo. Will this be the main cause of the numbness? what should i do to alleviate this? and I am a left handed person too.
Consult an Neurosurgeon and an ortho specialist,the symptoms could be of either origin.The shoulder dislocation possibly cannot be the reason for your symptoms.Have some physiotherapy done for your fingers.
Goodluck
I have the same symptoms! I also cannot find a reason why, I have had no injuries in my arm.
I also developed numbness in my left ring and pinky fingers. This was about 3 years ago. My doc tried conservative treatment first. A splint that held the elbow at a 45 degree angle when I slept, ice to reduce any swelling, etc. These treatments did notwork for me. I was diagnosed with cubital tunnel syndrome. The ulna nerve gets entrapped in the "funny bone", where it originally lies. I ended up having outpatient surgery. The ortho surgeon moved the entrapped ulna nerve to the side of the arm. I missed about 2 days work and had no pain to speak of. The hand did fine and the feeling returned to normal.
Now three years later, I got up and the ring and pinky fingers are numb again. I called my doctor immediately and have an appointment for tomorrow. Not sure what is going on.
i am 33, a mother of three, 2 weeks ago i had pain on top of left hand within the joint , that has gone but i have numbness from middle finger to pinky and down that side of palm, its very uncomfortable and cant close fist that well, im awake at night trying to make sure my arm stays strait in hopes to relieve this but it doesnt, my tips of fingers have also been changing between purpleish blue and normal also. please help, i cant afford doctors and dont know what to do
Well, what happened?
you may need a CT or so to find if you have a pinched nerve or something.