pain around right rib cage

I decided to post here cause I can't tell weather this is related to my GERD or just muscle pain. I had an ultrasound and HIDA scan done and both are normal. I had seen my GI doctor three weeks ago and told me GERD and muscle strain/spams were to blame but I want another opinion.

I get this minor pain in the lower center right rib cage on most days on and off. Other times, I get a pain further to the upper right rib cage, up toward the right chest and around the right back but never at the same time. I know when GERD strikes, cause I get either upper middle stomach pain or the burning sensation in the chest and throat. But the right cage pain has gone for about 7 weeks now, so I kinda stressed about it.

When sitting or sleeping, I do tend to lean and put on weight on the right side. There was one time, when I was sitting play a video game for about an hour straight, when I got up, I felt a quick sharp pain the rib cage. While typing this, I quick got up from laying down and felt a quick pain.

I stopped going to the gym, afraid I might make matters worse.

This might sound wierd, but have you had your gall bladder evaluated? Inflammation in the G.B. can sometimes cause R. sided back/rib pain...just a thought!
thanks for the reply. I had an ultrasound which showed no gallstones and a HIDA scan which checks the function of the gallbladder. Both normal.