Orthopedics Community
pain around right rib cage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain around right rib cage

Hello,

I decided to post here cause I can't tell weather this is related to my GERD or just muscle pain. I had an ultrasound and HIDA scan done and both are normal. I had seen my GI doctor three weeks ago and told me GERD and muscle strain/spams were to blame but I want another opinion.

I get this minor pain in the lower center right rib cage on most days on and off. Other times, I get a pain further to the upper right rib cage, up toward the right chest and around the right back but never at the same time. I know when GERD strikes, cause I get either upper middle stomach pain or the burning sensation in the chest and throat. But the right cage pain has gone for about 7 weeks now, so I kinda stressed about it.

When sitting or sleeping, I do tend to lean and put on weight on the right side. There was one time, when I was sitting play a video game for about an hour straight, when I got up, I felt a quick sharp pain the rib cage. While typing this, I quick got up from laying down and felt a quick pain.

I stopped going to the gym, afraid I might make matters worse.

Thanks

2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This might sound wierd, but have you had your gall bladder evaluated? Inflammation in the G.B. can sometimes cause R. sided back/rib pain...just a thought!
Blank
thanks for the reply. I had an ultrasound which showed no gallstones and a HIDA scan which checks the function of the gallbladder. Both normal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank