Orthopedics Community
pain in lower arm, tingling hand, sharp electric shock type pain in fin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

pain in lower arm, tingling hand, sharp electric shock type pain in fingers

I have over the past few months experienced numbness in my right arm whilst using the computer and sporadic numbness and pins and needles in my right  hand. I have now started experiencing an electric shock type pain when clasping my fingers together (as if holding a pen, or twisting a bottle lid) and sharp jolts of pain in my wrist and lower arm. I also have a pretty constant dull aching in my lower arm and the muscle that runs down the front of my arm is consistently painful to touch. What could this be?, and as a trumpet player is this something that can be treated as my arm goes numb when holding it?

Hello Dear,
You should consult a neurologist and get  MRI done as there could be several causes of your pain like,.degenerative spine changes,neuropathy,nerve compression etc.You should take vitamin B complex supplementation to prevent demyleination of nerves.You should go for a evaluation and get the diagnosis confirmed.
Best
I get these electric shock pains in my fingers as I am to hold a cup of something.  Luckily I am over a counter as I would have to drop the cup the pain is so sharp.  I figure it has to do with fibromyalgia or hyper active nervous system.  I hope it's nothing serious.  I do have scoliosis and arthritis....so what the hell... one more thing.
Hi i just recently had surgery on my right and left arm because of numbness in my hands and pain in my arm i went for all the test mri neve test and it showed i had nerve compression........ one 5/20/10 and the other 6/7/10 well the left arm  is doing fine they released the nerve..... the right is a different story  i am having electric shock pain in my baby finger and half of my ring finger.... i went for my follow up today they are sending me to see a hand plastic surgeon why i dont know he deals with nerves in the hand so my point is i had surgery and it made the problem worse in my right arm... soooo good luck.,..,., oh they gave me this medicine called lyrica he is suppose to help with nerve pain i will let yall know how that goes