Orthopedics Community
pain in my back on left side, left pelvic pain and pain down the left l...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

pain in my back on left side, left pelvic pain and pain down the left leg.

I have terrible pain in my back on left side,  left pelvic pain and pain down the left leg .  It comes and goes. Gets real bad,whenever I put weight on the leg.
It is so bad that I am afraid to stand.  I have to be taking pain killer everyday.
Help please what could this be?
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to determine that cause of your discomfort. Back pain can be caused by issues related to the spine and surrounding musculature, neurological reasons or due to referred pain from a few organs such as the kidneys, pancreas etc. Pelvic pain can also be associated with hip joint abnormalities, neurological issues or due to issues related to internal organs. If the pain radiates down the leg, it is likely to be due to a neurological issues probably at the level of the spine or the hip. However it is also possible for the leg pain to be unrelated to the hip and pelvic pain. It would be best to get this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and then depending on the cause suspected/ diagnosed it can be managed appropriately or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!