Orthopedics Community
pain in the knee feels like a vein stuck in between joints

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

i feel pain in the right joint of my right  knee when i went  jogging, the pain is too sharp that i can't bend the knee. it feels like a vein is somehow stuck in between the joints. what could this be ? and how could it be remedied ?
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to identify the cause of knee pain in your case. Possibilities that may need to be considered include chondromalacia, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee ligaments/ menisci, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, cyst formation, bone growths/ masses, nerve injuries etc; just to name a few. I would suggest consulting a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try resting the knee with some OTC NSAIDS to relieve the pain.
Hope this helps.

Take care!