Orthopedics Community
painful broken "ring" toe 4th metatarsal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

painful broken "ring" toe 4th metatarsal

I broke the toe next to my pinkie toe (fourth metatarsal I believe), or at least I think I broke it.  This happened a week ago; I was walking to my bathroom and my right foot apparently swung a little too wide, went under my lazy boy, then horrible pain and me crying on the floor.  I did not go to the doctor as I do not have insurance as a nursing student (ironic isn't it?).  Then follwoed bruising that covered about 1/3-1/2 of my foot and a big purplish-grey toe.  I have been trying to keep it up here and there and ice it, but I work and have a 5 year old so good luck keeping off my feet.  It is still hurting and I have to walk on my heel.  I am wondering if a trip to the doc's office is warranted.  No matter how expensive and how much I can't afford it, I don't want to have long term-pain.  to top it off, I start my last round of clinicals 12-hour night shifts in the Birth Center in 1.5 weeks.   Any advice on my best course of action?  PLEASE HELP!!!
Tags: Broken Ring Toe last week