Orthopedics Community
painful bump on bottom of foot.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

painful bump on bottom of foot.

8589364?1354750183
Three and a half weeks ago I was in a skateboarding incident were I land on my board sideways from six foot up. I sprained both ankles and severely bruised my right foot. After all was healed there is still a bump in front of my heel in the arch of my foot where I landed and it hurts to stand on for periods of time and to put little pressure on. What is it? Why is it still there? Will it ever go away so I don't have to worry about pain every Tim I land slightly wrong? It won't massage out either. I am 15 about to be 16.
It's a lump not a bump
im not sure if you have a friend who could take you to a local clinic but you need to go get medical help maybe you could go to your local fd as they may be able to help you.
I had a lump on my arch like that after I had an accident quite a few years ago.  It was painful.  All I can tell you is that I do still have a bit of a lump there, but it no longer causes me any pain or other issues.  Hopefully yours won't either after a bit more time.
You should have this injury looked at...you're too young to have an injury and not take care of it!  Sounds like you're very athletic and will want to be skateboarding in the future, so this should be checked out to determine if you've done muscle/tendon damage, or even have a occult fracture of one of the bones in your feet.  Remember, this foot will be with you for the rest of your life, so take good care of it!  Have your Mom or some other adult you trust take you to the doctor...Good luck!