pectus excavatum flared ribs 11 year old boy
I have an 11 year old boy who has pectus excavatum (sunken in funnel chest) and flared ribs. I noticed it slightly about 6 months ago and now since he showers on his own I haven't seen him without a shirt much this winter. Today we noticed that it has sunken in much more and his rib on one side especially is very protuded.
Is this something that doctors will repair surgically or will he just have to live with it. We have a genetic heart disease called Long QT Syndrome as well. He has had shortness of breath while exercising which is getting progressively worse. Long QT Syndrome doesn't necessarily have symptoms during exercise other than fainting from arrhythmias so I'm wondering if maybe this is from the pectus excavatum.
Does anyone have any info on this condition
Thanks in advance

This is something that is repaired surgically.  You should seek a pediatric orthopedic surgeon soon.  It seems to me that the shortness of breath could be from the pectus.  Be prepaired, it is a big surgery and your child will be sore for a while afterwards.  Good luck!