Orthopedics Community
pelvic fracture or labral tear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

pelvic fracture or labral tear?

I am a distance runner who got injured last fall.  In Sept. 2009, I had an MRI (no contrast) and was diagnosed with stress injuries/fractures to the pubic ramus and ischial tuberosity, as well as tendon injuries (the tendon that attaches the hamstring to my glute), and a glute tear.  Prior to the injury, I had some nagging hip issues, where the pain would sort of "catch", and I could work it out. When I ran the rmarathon where I really injured myself, the pain radiated down into my groin and was so bad that I could not stand up straight, and could not lift my leg at all.  Now, over five months later, I still have pain in my hip, through my groin and in the back of my hip.  It hurts to simply walk.  It hurts to lay flat on my stomach and back. I am wondering if a labral tear could have possibly been missed on the MRI that I originally had?  I have not been seen by a doctor since November.  At the time I saw the orthopedics doctor, he said the bones appeared to be healing and it would just "take time" to get better.  Should I ask for another MRI?