Orthopedics Community
physical therapy for scfe patients

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

physical therapy for scfe patients

My son had scfe surgery on both hips last month and he is 12 yrs old, I had never heard of the condition before and this was done quickly because after getting xrayed his right hip was slipping so far it was almost collapsing. After his surgery he has been in severe pain in his left leg and the doctor said he was fine and that he should have aggressive phyical therapy, here is my other concern he didnt stay in the hospital for observation they sent him home with crutches that he could not use and now he has extreme difficulty walking as to where he drags the left leg behind him the pain is very intense for him so he uses a walker to get to the bathroom and back. The physical therapist said he has extreme muscle weakness. My questions are has anyone that has had this surgery had physical therapy and did it do any good for them and what is really the recovery time right after surgery?