Orthopedics Community
please help bakers cyst with fever?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

please help bakers cyst with fever?

My knee started feeling sore one day(no known injury) the next day at work (I do hair on my feet a lot) it was bad very swollen hot and u could see through my pants how swollen in front above knee that night I threw up felt feverish pain was horrible next day felt a bit better but was so swollen it was sun so I waited till mon called doc said I needed to go to er to rule out blood clot I did they did ultra sound said I had a bakers cyst not a big deal over next few days I felt ok then it started getting sore again and I started getting fevers low 99.5-100 also have bad sharp pains in low right side went to doc he did blood work(came back normal slighly elevated segs and low mono) said it was fine so now 5 weeks later my thigh above knee is extremely swollen I have a low grade fever that doesn't go down with advil and a feeling like I can't get a good breath short of breath I have to burp can't get it past vomit in chest(like heartburny stuff) its bad after I eat my whole body aches chills oh and at night I wake up with horrible leg cramps like charlie horse my prob is my doc is so hard to get in with I don't see him for a week I'm getting so frustrated and scared any ideas or help would be so appreciated
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the swelling in your case. Out of the multiple possible causes, one that would need immediate attention is DVT. Other possible causes include infections/ inflammations, allergies, growths, masses etc. At this stage it would be best to visit the ER to evaluate for a DVT. Once this has been ruled out you might consider an evaluation by your doctor to look for other possible causes. Meanwhile could also try elevating the limb, ice-packs and some NSAIDS to help subside the swelling (after ruling out a DVT).
Hope this helps.

Take care!