Orthopedics Community
please help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

please help me

i slipped and twisted my back and it has not been the same. i have lower back pain, numbnes, pain, tingling, mostly in my right leg. i have pain in my buttocks. i can't stand nor sit for a long time and it's hard for me to drive and do other things that i would usually do. i've had facet joint injections and 2 epidural injections, and i'm going through physical therapy now and nothing is working for me. this has been going on for 8 months now.the mri report states"

left paramedian disc protusion at L5 S1 which is in contact with the thecal sac and origin of the S1 nerve root.

Impression: small L5 S1 disc herniation

my doctor explained everything to me and he looked at the film and he agrees with the mri report along with another doctor who suggested the epidural injection. however, i saw a surgeon who tells me that the disc is bulging and that he don't know why i'm in pain and that the pain should only be in the left leg since the bulging disc is on the left and that it's nothing that he can do. he's sending me to pain management stating that maybe i stretched a nerve when i injured my self.
what should i do? and what do you think?
If epidural injections doesn't work,possible reason of back pain is chronic soft tissue injury arond L5 S1,so deep tissue inflammation can lead to pain,numbness,tingling,everything same as disc herniation.So how to get right diagnosis? there are have special examnation...
So talk to good dc.
thank you for responding. what are some other test that they can do. what about the mri? does that mean anything?