post arthroscopy of shoulder
Approx 17 days ago i had right shoulder arthroscopy and had a bursectomy. I am still in quite alot of pain, infact considerably more so than i was before the procedure. Ever since i have been unable to raise my arm/shoulder above my head  and put my right arm behind my back.(it feels as if i have no control over the muscles) I have been to a couple of physio sessions and have been given some light exercises to do but am finding these very very difficult and tend to gaurd my shoulder quite abit. I am experiencing a dull sometimes burning throbbing ache that can travel as far as my elbow making it ache as well (more noticable early evening/night time). I understand that my muscles must be slightly upset with the operation but surely after 17 days things should have settled down. Should i be concerned about a frozen shoulder developing?
Hello!

This is due to the inflammation after the surgical intervention which is causing pain and the surgical pain will subside in 3-4 weeks and I would also suggest you to take anti inflammatory medications.

Go for an MRI and check if everything is fine after the repair and also you would need to rigorously pursue your physiotherapy in a progressive way with decreasing pain to fight the stiffness.

Take care!