Orthopedics Community
post spinal fusion circulation problem in left foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I had a spinal fusion three years ago and since then have had many problems with my legs and feet.  I have alleviated most of the pain-related problems with physical therapy and yoga, but one problem remains and I cannot seem to find a solution.

Since the surgery my left foot has become warmer in temperature, yellowish in color, and the sole of the foot has become extremely dry and peeling.  The foot is not itchy or painful, nor have any of the symptoms spread to my right foot.  

Because of the temperature and color changes in my left foot, I am beginning to think that this is a circulation problem, but I am not sure.  

If anyone knows what might be causing the color and temperature change, as well as the dryness and peeling on just ONE of my feet, I would be very grateful for any information.  You can also contact me directly at ***@****.

Thank you.
-8 Comments Post a Comment
Hi MollyMB, how are you? Did you have any complication after the surgery and are you been followed up properly. Due to increased blood supply to the foot you might be feeling the warmth. It seems strange you say foot is yellow in color. It is better you consult a vascular surgeon and get an evaluation. Keep physically active and continue yoga, physical therapy if you are currently undergoing. Do update on the progress and doctor advice. Take care.