Orthopedics Community
previously injured elbow wont heal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

previously injured elbow wont heal

3-4 weeks ago i had just gotten my long arm cast for a serious wrist fracture and a smaller wrist cast put on.  2 days after that i had fallen off my bed in the area of my hand like in between my fingers and palm, i heard something crack in my elbow and felt extreme pain in my elbow.i had tried to fall asleep and later the next day i could barely move it without it hurting and it was quite swollen.3 days later i went to the doctors and he took a couple xrays and told me that my elbow was broken ( im not sure what kind of fracture it is). he wrapped a splint and hard plastic all the way up to my arm pit and ent me home. he told me to come back in 2 weeks to take the splint and off because that was the date that was scheduled for my cast removal. when i came back to get my cast off he took both off and was surprised how well my wrist had healed for how bad the break was (he placed my wrist in the hospital saving me from having surgery). he said to try and be very careful with my arm and try to do a little more with it each day like swimming or a stress ball would be good for it. but now 2-3 weeks after the splint and cast removal i have not been able to regain mobility in my elbow. the farthest i can bend it is maybe 95 degrees. i recently called the doctor a couple days ago and he told me to be patient and give it time to fully heal.he told me that i should have full mobility in it in 2 months at the most. but lookin at the condition that my arm is in now i think there might be something else wrong with it that the doctor doesnt see. can anyone help me? - mason