Orthopedics Community
problem with my knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

problem with my knee

hello ...i would  like to ask you what  MYCOID DEGENERATION is..and what is the usuall treatment
thanks..
pls  reply my in ***@**** ..if it's easy
thanks

Mucoid degeneration of the ACL is a clinical condition afflicting active middle-aged people without a single significant traumatic episode with a specific MRI picture.
Mucoid degeneration of the ACL is a very rare cause of knee pain. This rare clinical condition can be diagnosed with MRI and arthroscopic debridement effectively relieves symptoms.
It is treated with arthroscopic debridement which is safe and effective treatment which results in improved knee motion.
Once regarded as a rare occurrence, it has been recently suggested that its incidence is in fact very much higher than previously thought, and that it is probably underdiagnosed or misdiagnosed as partial ruptures of the ACL

Wish you good health.

Take care.