Orthopedics Community
question about Osteonecrosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

question about Osteonecrosis

In 2007 I was diagnosed with IBC (Inflammatory breast cancer) and this was followed by chemotherapy, surgery and radiation, and now Tamoxifen. After I finished the radiation, I developed this severe pain in my right leg and it turned out, (after bone scan and MRI) to be osteonecrosis of the lateral condyle of the femur in my right leg. On the bone scan it showed up as a hot lesion, and osteochrondritis may have been involved as well, although I never had an injury. The pain was extreme and then, one day, just as it had started, the pain disappeared. (It showed severe bone marrow swelling as well) Now I have similar problems with my right arm and especially my fingers are swollen, very painful, and I have lost a lot of the function and strength in the arm. I realize this may also be lymphedema but my arm itself is not swollen only my middle finger and the index finger and it looks abnormal palm up where those fingers start. (like a tight V) Is it possible to have this in the hand if you had it in the knee, or leg? (I have also had diabetes 1 for 35 years) Thank you, kat