reoccuring red circles
My 2 year old has reoccuring red circles.  We went to a pediatric dermatologist and she said it could be hives.  She said its not ringworm or lyme disease, but I am concerned.  I have attached a picture.

This discussion is related to Reoccuring red circles on child's feet.

Hi there!

It would be difficult to make a diagnosis online without a physical examination and a few primary tests, It your dermatologist believes it to be hives it is likely to be so. This doesn’t typically look like lyme or ringworn. I would suggest following your dermatologists advice for the time being and if it does not seem to help you may seek a review with him/ her.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have the exact same circles on my 2 year old.  I do believe it is a reaction to strawberries or chocolate milk.  Have you figured out anything on your end.  My dr. Said it could be hives or a virus.  I also found on line it could be granuloma annulare.

I have had the exact same symptoms with my son (and I have documented it with the exact same photos). I first noticed the red circles when he was only 3-months old: recurring red circles on his feet. I couldn't find a plausible cause. He was exclusively breastfed and I bathed him (still do) with organic natural soap. I used organic natural detergents for his clothes, which were made of organic cotton, and I always ironed them inside out. The whole house environment is chemical-free and my diet was milk-free because my eldest daughter had milk allergy and since then I banned all kinds of allergens from my diet as long as I was breastfeeding.
The symptoms got worse with age, spreading from few circle to as many as 15, with some red very small pimples, all under the skin with no lesion, finally spreading a bit over the plantar area. With time, however, I started noticing the red lines were slightly raised under the skin. They are not painful and don't itch. The only thing is that my son takes off his shoes and socks at the first opportunity and seems more comfortable barefoot. The heat seems to make the symptoms worse.
He is 3 1/2 years old now and the circles regularly appear on his feet (4 to 5 times a month, disappearing within 24 hours).
I saw several dermatologists throughout and none had the faintest idea what it could be. They gave me antihistamine to help in case it was an allergy, which didn't have any effect. They also ruled out any genetic disorder such as Palmoplantar Keratoderma as they tested him for antinuclear antibodies and it turned out negative. I also sent his medical file to Italy (I live in Spain) to a renowned specialist and he couldn't come out with any lead.
I am really worried it could be some new kind of auto-immune response to all those crazy environmental hazards we're being subjected to, from food additives to air pollution to inhaled indoor volatile toxic fumes, you name it.
As far as I know, these specific symptoms were unheard of just 3-4 years ago and information on the internet only recently appeared. And not any single dermatologists has any clue.
I am still searching.