Orthopedics Community
rib pain for 5 months
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rib pain for 5 months

I injured my rib about 5 months ago- initial xrays at the ER did not reveal a fracture, but my primary Dr. (after examination), said it was likely a cracked rib at the botton/tip of the left rib- and that it doesn't always show on an x-ray. I have taken pain medicine and applied pain patches, but still have pain when breathing/moving or touching my rib. since there was no evident fracture, what should I do? I have been ignoring it for months since I was told there was nothing that could be done, except to control pain. The pain isn't as bad as the first 2-3 months, but it's still bothersome. What does this sound like?