Orthopedics Community
right ankle pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

right ankle pain

Ok, cant really explain too much whats going on but I will try. I, at, random times have a pain in my lower right ankle on the side, like right above that bone on your ankle. It shoots down into the top of my foot. It doesnt hurt extremely, but it hurts enough. It is getting annoying. It just started about a month ago or so and I havent done anything to cause it.( I am a waitress but I have been doing it for almost 7 years and I have wore the same shoes now for a year or less). I have no swelling or anything. It almost throbs like a heartbeat. Please help.
Tags: irritable
not sure, but sometimes repeated movement like waitressing can cause issues like varicose veins, could be a pinched nerve, I'd reccomend rest, ice, stretches, ankle rotations, massage the painful spot, if it's not better or you think it is serious see a doctor.
Hi willyssis,
How are you feeling now? What is your name?
You have described that you have pain along lower right ankle on sides which can be due to either a ligament injury or due to nerve irritation following an injury.
The fact that there is a radiation towards foot suggests that it might be due to nerve irritation following an injury.
Did you hurt your ankle any where?
What treatment have you got it done?
How is your foot now? Any imaging is done, what does it show?
Keep me informed.
I am interested to know about management.
Bye.
Soliciting urgent assistance for varicose vein.

I have right ankle & knee pain for a while due to the injury plus deep varicose vein. Pain is beyond questionable, started to have clots. What action may I take. I do understand that I left it little bit to long to consultant a specialists.
regards
ashley
It all started with the left ankle. For no apparent reason it started to hurt. Got so bad I couldn't put any weight on it.  This lasted for 4 days. Every day got a little better. Went 2 days pain free now the right ankle hurts in the same spot. I did not injure either one. Any ideas on what's causing this. Can a clot move from one to the other?