Orthopedics Community
right outer thigh pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

right outer thigh pain

I have had pain in my right outer thigh for the last month.  The doctor says that the xray's do not show signs of arthritis.  When I lay on my left side it really hurts on the right upper outer thigh.  I have tried sleeping with a pillow in between my knees but that does not work. This happens when I lay down not when I'm walking or working out.
Can you tell me what this could be?    
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Arthritis is not the only condition which will give you pain near the knee joint.
Rather as you have pain in the right outer thigh it is due to the tendonitis, place of insertion of your tendons/muscles.
Please visit a good orthopaedician and follow up properly on the treatment and you have to give rest to your leg and take required antibiotics and pain killers.
Take care!