rotator cuff tear, after being struck by automobile
I was hit by a car and thrown 15feet landing on my right shoulder. My shoulder and arm is in a great deal of pain. The insurance company of the women who hit me is saying It was a pre-existing problem due to my age (51) I have an attorney but the insurance company is really fighting this. Below is my MRI results

please interp my MRI results-
Moderate thickening of the distal supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendon with abnormal  high signal involving most of the thickening of the tendon.
Linear high signal tracks medially consistant with delaminated extension of the more distal tear.
High  grade partial thickness articular surface tears of distal aspects of both supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendons. Focal full thickness extension of the supraspinatus tear anteriorly is possible due to subacromial subdeltoid bursal fluid.
Moderate teninosis of the distal intracapsular segment of the long head biceps tendonvs intrasubstance tearing.
Hello!

I would suggest you to rest, to take pain killers and to apply ice packs to decrease the pain and inflammation.

Even if you had previous tears, the injury has further damaged your rotator cuff muscles. You have involvement of supraspinatus, infraspinatus and long head of biceps. Rotator cuff consists of supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, and subcapularis muscles.

Surgical management is indicated for a rotator cuff tear that does not respond to non surgical management and is associated with weakness, loss of function, and limited motion.

Take care!
I appreciate  your comment, I do feel I will end up with surgery, because the pain seems to be getting worse instead of better. The orthopedic doc says he can't do surgery now bwcause my shoulder is frozen, so I'm starting physical therapy this week, which is scary to me because it is so painful to move my right arm.