Orthopedics Community
scaphoid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

scaphoid

I caused a hairline fracture in my scaphoid about 3 weeks ago and and only went to the ER and they put a splint on it. I used the splint for about 2 weeks until There was no pain. well I thought there was no pain now I have lost feeling in my thumb when i touch where the fracture was. I can move my thumb and grab everything as if there was no problem.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You have to go for an X-ray and check the healing. Any orthopaedician will check your movements and see if you have any compression of the nerve which supplies that area. If you have a problem you need a correction. If everything is proper then you will get your sensation slowly. Take care!