Orthopedics Community
severe pain in upper ankle, where leg and ankle bend
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe pain in upper ankle, where leg and ankle bend

i am in highschool, and i play football; or at least have tried these last couple of years. The reason i say this is because i have broken my growth plate my tenth grade year and broken my fibula my eleventh grade year. the reason i got an account is to get help on how and why my ankle is hurting so bad,and how i could fix it. I had surgery on my fibula and got a plate and five screws, but my ankle is hurting in a complete different area then the incision. please please help if you can.
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to determine that cause of the ankle pain. Possibilities include hardware issues, re-fracture, mal-union, infections, inflammations, tendonitis, bursitis, degenerations, mal-alignment, contractures, vascular insufficiency, nerve trauma/ impingement/ pressure, growths etc. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation at this time. After a cause to your discomfort is determined, management can be initiated accordingly. Meanwhile you may try resting the ankle. A crepe bandage may be used for the purpose. OTC NSAIDS may be used if the pain is severe.
Hope this was useful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949