sharp pain under right shoulder blade
Sharp pain under right shoulder blade, comes and goes and migrates to rib cage on side.  X-ray of ribs last week, they were okay.  Any thoughts folks, hurts like heck.
Hello Dear,
The pain under right shoulder blade could be due to several causes such as cholangitis,cholecystitis,gall stones,jaundice,rotator cuff injury,disc protrusion etc.You should consult a gastroenterologist and go for an ultrasonography to rule out any gastric causes.Also consult a neurophysician  to diagnose any degenerative spine changes.
Best
Okay so my top back area, right underneath my shoulder blade has INTENSE sharp pains, it makes it so I can't breathe & can't move my body. It's been going on for quite some time now & I have skoliosis, do you think that'd have anything to do with it? Should I go get it checked out? What could it be? Thanks.
- Chelsea
You have to differentiate it as a muscular/bone pain or a visceral pain coming from inside from lungs or any other organ in that area as Dr Simran was doubting.
You should visit a multispeciality and have yourself checked near an Orthopaedician and if it is not a bone/muscle pain he will refer you to an appropriate branch.
If it comes from your shoulder bone then you need to follow up near the Orthopaedician for treatment.
Now we advice you to take some intermittent pain killers to relieve you of pain. Take care!
The pain(relating to pain under my right shoulder blade)gets really bad at night hence im awake with the pain.It travels to my lower right side when i try to move and i get it hard to breath.Im in my early thirties,never sick,no children,pain is like a burning sensation in my right lung
Just recollect if you have some injury which might have caused this pain. Go for a chest X-ray & Shoulder X-ray to find any defect. It might be also due to inflammation in your chest, ribs, pleura or in the lungs. Proper diagnosis, tests and clinical correlation is important from where the pain is coming. Please visit a Physician and in the mean time take some pain killers. Take care!
I was In a car accident November 10, 2011 and In still wait for someone to tell me what's wrong with my back. Im 15 my back hurts all over No matter what I so even if it's laying down or sitting it hurts but I've noticed a pain In my right shoulder area and when I bend over it feels like a ball and I can't breathe when I bend over.