Orthopedics Community
shaterred ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

shaterred ankle

I fell down from third floor window on my right foot .. my ankle was shattered , broke my tibia and fibula and also ... also broke my back (L3 lumbar vertebra ) ... i had a surgery in my back and my back I have rods and screw in my back and both sides of my anckle ... my doctor told me I could remove the ones in my back later on but not sure about my anckle ... It's been one and a half month from the surgery and I have no pain in my back or ankle and I will start walking as my doctor says in a month or so ....my  question is after removing the rods in my back well I be able to left weights again ? And about my ankle is it possible for me to play football again ?!
Hi!
It is very difficult to assess the answer to your question. I am sorry to disappoint you but it may take about 18 months or more before you can start playing sports. Also, depending on the healing, your doctor may or may not remove the rods. It is too early in the day to comment on your rehabilitation and recovery. But if your bones heal well and can take the stress, then you may be able to return to active sports and weight lifting. Please discuss the progress with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.