Orthopedics Community
shoulder arm pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

shoulder arm pain

cant get an answer to why im in so much pain with my arm and shoulder, have had 4 diagnosis and now still waiting as none of them were correct
Hi!
Pain in the shoulder and arm can be due to bursitis, tendonitis, muscle pull, rotator cuff injury, loose bones/cartilage in joint, referred pain from chest or abdomen due to gas, gastritis, liver, gall bladder and spleen issues etc. It can be pinched nerve in lower cervical or upper thoracic area. If joint related causes are ruled out then other causes need to be looked into. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for your reply, I was first told it was a rota cuff then a frozen shoulder then neuropathic pain then a shoulder impingement.......I had a mri scan but all that came back was mild tendonitis mild arthritis and evidence of 2 small bursa , my GP and pain clinic doctor said that the result of my scan does not warrant the amount of pain I am in. I have an appointment in oct to see a shoulder specialist hopefully he will help me.my arm and shoulder have been like this for a year and frozen since December 2012, at nights im only sleeping about 3 hours as the pain is so bad, pain killers do not touch the pain, I have also had 3 lots of ijections
thank you for your reply. Gill