Aa
A
A
Close
something pops out of place behind knee-painful
Whenever I sit and put my right ankle on my left knee it feels like something pops out of place behind the right knee.  I grab it, and even though it is very painful, I straighten my right leg out.  When I do, it pops back into place.  It still hurts a little for about 3 minutes and then goes away.
Recently I was sitting on a chair with both feet on the floor.  I put my right foot back under the chair and it happened again.  I barely even bent it!
I saw my primary care doctor today and he said it’s probably bakers cyst and I need to keep losing weight.
I looked up bakers cyst online and it doesn’t sound like that at all.  Please someone give me an idea of what it could be.
Though I am still obese, I lost 107 pounds in the last 3 years.  This year plan to lose the last hundred.  
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dislocations/ subluxation, injuries to tendons/ ligaments, degeneration, loose bodies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you.  I will get it checked out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources