sprained ankle now my calf hurts
About 3 weeks ago I almost fell down the steps and when i caught myself I twisted my ankle. All seemed fine I went about my day and climbed ladder in yard to trim some trees. Exactly a week later my ankle swelled up and could not even walk on it.....I assume I sprained my ankle when i caught myself from falling down the steps a week earlier. That lasted about 5 days or so and I was pretty much fine again. A week after that my calf started hurting and has swelled up a bit and this has lasted 2 days now.....Same as when I sprained my ankle keeping off it and resting only seems to make it worse to stand again...when I first try to stand I cannot bare to put any pressure on the leg for a few minutes after standing...did i tear a ligament or something to? Why are all these problems taking so long to show up? Is this normal?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, vascular issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!