Orthopedics Community
subchondral cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

subchondral cyst

I have been having a problem with my right shoulder/arm and upper back and neck area.  It's going on 6 weeks now.  I was in the hospital where an MRI of my brain and c-spine were done.  I have chiari malformation, which I have always known, and it also showed some areas of dissection with my c-5 c-6 and c-7 with spinal stenosis.  I was given shots of toradol, put on painkillers and muscle relaxers, and sent home to rest.  A week later i wasn't better.  Still lots of pain in the back of my shoulder and neck, pain down my tricep and elbow, and also tingling and numbness in my right hand.  The doc put me on steroids for ten days, and again, nothing helped.  I've tried heat and then ice....stretching, therapy for a week.  I've been out of work, too.  I just had a shoulder mri and it showed a subchondral cyst in the supralateral aspect of the humeral head, and it is likely degenerative in nature.  Does anyone know what this means?  What can be done for it?  I get into my ortho later this week.  Just wondering if this could really be what's causing my pain and problems.

Thanks in advance.

Pitter