swelling after a break
I broke my foot at the start of the month.After all this time should the swelling not be gone?
Sometimes,on the one toe that got broken,it feels as if someone is pouring corrosive acid on the skin. At other times the toe is totally numb (until I bump it again). At this rate I doubt I'll be able to get a shoe on in time for the snowfall.The two toes beside it have dark and light purple lines and blotches on them.The top of the foot has no swelling or bruising anymore,but it hurts to the touch.
I can put pressure on my heel now without intense pain,but my back etc hurts from walking this way. I normally wear a leg brace,but can't due to the swelling.
Any ideas?
I can't carry a baby while on crutches...lol
As your bones are healing you have pain, sometimes with inflammation and  due to tendons and muscles pushing on to nerves it is more painful.

If you have swelling you need rest and keep your legs elevated on a pillow while sleeping.
Take anti inflammatory drugs to decrease pain intermittently.

If your inflammation does not decrease we advice you to visit your orthopaedician to have a check X-ray and see the progress of healing. Take care!
Most of the pain is now gone,as is most of the swelling. However...the small toe and the big toe are both totally numb. The small toe hurts when I stub it,but it is numb the rest of the time. The big toe had a sudden pain in it 2 days ago...felt like it had broken and hurt for about 3 hours on and off. Now it is totally numb. There is no swelling in the big toe at all. I did nothing to the big toe to inflict pain of any kind. Could this be from the way I had been walking (on the side of my foot for the past month)? Or could it be from the initial accident to the small toe? The 3 toes in between have no problems at all.
The numbness is sure due to nerve compression and as the anatomy of your foot has changed with the injury.
Continue your physiotherapy and you will be fine as your sensations will return back with time.
Take care!
i broken my leg now have severe bruising in leg and now in my foot which is badly swollen is this normal after fall
Hello!

This is absolutely normal after a fracture! You have inflammation which triggers repair of the bone. As the legs are the depending areas and due to gravity the inflammation is bound to be more in the depending area.
You should take anti inflammatory drugs to decrease inflammation. Consult your Orthopedician to take serratopeptidase to decrease the swelling.

Take care!