Orthopedics Community
swelling of the right foot, ankle and leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Why does my right foot, ankle and leg swell larger than my left side. I do take high blood pressure medication; Benacar and a water pill. I do not have any pain at all just the swelling. When I wake up in the morning the swelling is gone, but by the middle of the day it returns. Also, I have come to see that my right foot, ankle and leg are larger than the left side. Please advise. Thank you.

This discussion is related to Foot swelling.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi, one sided leg and foot swelling may be due to some causes like deep vein thrombosis, venous insufficiency, injury, lymphatic blockage or cellulites. You need to consult your doctor and get a physical exam done and if required a Doppler flow study of affected limb. I hope this helps.