swelling
i have had moderate to severe swelling in my left ankle, between the heel and to the bottom of my shin bone! no trauma to the area however i've had a bi-lateral hip replacement w/o one problem in four years. I do tie my shoes w/two pairs of socks very tight and never had a problem before
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The swelling may or may not be related to the joint. Other possibilities that may need to be considered include venous/ lymphatic obstruction/ pressure, infections/ inflammations, cardiac/ renal/ liver issues (commonly present with swelling in both feet) etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!