Orthopedics Community
swollen elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

swollen elbow

I have a swollen elbow.  It has grown in the past week to the size of a golf ball, but interestingly enough, there is no pain at all.  It seems to be fluid or jell-like, not solid.  Any information I have found on-line refers to pain affiliated with the symptoms.  I do not recall injuring the elbow, or getting bit by anything.  There is no redness either.  Any ideas?
     How are you? Swollen elbow without history of trauma is not common, but could be when there is any focal source of infection carried to this site. The common causes for this could be accumulation of fluid or pus or blood, tendinitis and bursitis. Rarely, lipoma could also be a cause for this, but even enlargement of elbow is not noticed in such a case.
You need to visit a orthopedician for physical examination and confirmation of diagnosis with appropriate investigations.
Best.