swollen knee
Folowing a total hip replacement (right) earlier this year, my right knee has become swollen, stiff and unbending. It has been manipulated under a general anaesthetic so that proves it is capable of movement, but I now have to exercise it daily to get it flexible. I should take painkillers to allow me to give it the necessary exercise, but these give me side effects. I understand that I need to get it moving as soon as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be done without recourse to co-codamol and ibuprofen, please?
Hello!

The stiffness has to be decreased by active physiotherapy. Use ice packs for inflammation and also diclofenac skin patches if you do not want to consume oral pain killers. You can use antacids and proton pump inhibitors if you have symptoms with pain killers.

Start with simple exercises and continue this in a progressive way and with time you will have proper movement with sustained physiotherapy.

Take care!