tailbone
My tailbone has bothered me for a couple of months...it was just a little annoying at first and I had no idea why it was bothering me so I figured it would go away.  Then 2 weeks ago I fell landing full force on my backside and knew immediately that I at least bruised it.  Now I can't stand up, bend over, get out of bed, pretty much any full body movement etc without it hurting.  The pain is completely condensed to one area, it doesn't radiate. I was laying on the floor today, on my back, stretching and went to roll up (like I was going to do a sit up) and as soon as I hit the particular spot I had to roll onto my side and not move for a few seconds because it hurt so much.

How long does it take a fractured tailbone to heal and if it is fractured is there anything they can do for it?  Also, since I was having minor issues before I was wondering if it could be nerve related or is there such thing as arthritis in the tail bone??  Thanks!
I fell and cracked my tailbone when I was 12. I have had pain there ever since.
I have learned over the years which sitting positions,etc. cause the most pain.
Don't get on a crazy carpet with your kids! You'll hit a rock for sure,and hurt it even worse! lol
They never did anything for mine...they just told my mom to make sure that I sat on pillows and didn't do anything strenuous for a few weeks.
My tailbone is bent in and upwards from the accident,(and excuse me if this is TMI,but) since that accident,on occasion,it hurts to have a bowel movement,and it hurt like crazy when I gave birth to my sons.
I suppose you could get arthritis there...after all,it is a bone/joint area.
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I'm not alone!!!!  I have had tailbone pain for about a year +  & about 1 year before it started I had had a full X-Ray done of my spine cuz every now n then @ the base of the back of my head feels like it grinds???????  kind of strange!
Anyway, at first I thought mine was related to this stupid cyst I had in my left ovary, but the Dr I was seeing said nope.  He even checked it out & told me I must have hit it & just didn't remember doing it.
Anyway, thats been well over a year ago, & it still hurts.  But I've learned how to deal w/it & I don't complain about it either.  I've never had to take meds for it.
I just have learned to "sit" the way it works for me, & if I'm sitting not quite right, then I HAVE to get up more carefully!  
The "pain" it literally on the end of my tailbone!  & it feels like I may have more "bone" towards the left side of my tailbone...strange.......

Could it be arthritis?  Or bone spurs?  I've been having "women" issues for the past 2 years, so I just don't feel like going to ANOTHER Dr's!  It's not that bad, just  a little bug!!!
Yesterday I got kicked in the bottom and it hurts to stand up, sit down, and jump. Should I be worried?