Orthopedics Community
tendons in ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

tendons in ankle

hi. I have a tendon so they claim strength to a #2/3 the test show but in lots of pain when I stand or walk a lot cant wear my shoes at all  cant go to work cause wear a brace that don't help at all I told the doctor its a job injury I take up to 6/7 advils for pain anything help can u help me on what to do
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment on the situation and without a definite diagnosis at hand it is difficult to suggest a management plan. Assuming this to be a case of tendon injury/ tear or inflammation/ tendonitis, management is largely conservative consisting of rest, anti-inflammatory medications and physiotherapy in most cases. Surgical options may be considered in severe injuries or when increased strength of the muscle is required. It would be best to discuss the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!